MAC Angels Can Help
When a family receives the diagnosis of ALS, they are faced with an overwhelming array of questions, paperwork, medical advice, financial and logistical challenges, and life-altering changes. Conventional healthcare does not begin to address the complexity of these needs.
This is where MAC Angels Foundation steps in to fill a void in services.
Our Support Program includes:
- Home visits by our clinical team
- Honest dialogue about disease progression
- Guidance and emotional support
- Consultation with a Licensed Clinical or Medical Social Worker to help families navigate the healthcare system
- Informing families about options regarding advanced healthcare directives
- Assisting families in creating a support system of family and friends
- Arranging for transportation and accompanying families to clinic appointments
- Loaner closet with wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, hospital beds and other durable medical equipment
- Monthly Narrative Writing workshop for caregivers (on hiatus due to COVID-19)
We’re here to help. Our experience and clinical expertise provides us with unique insight into your families’ needs as you navigate your journey through ALS. Please reach out to us so we may help your family.
Looking for durable medical equipment? We may have what you need in our loaner closet. Just ask firstname.lastname@example.org.