MAC Angels Foundation
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 9, 2014
By visiting our Site, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. Anyone can browse our Site and no areas require the creation of an account with MAC Angels. However, to subscribe to our newsletter, you must submit your email address. You may also submit your name, though your name is not required to receive our newsletter. We may also collect information from you if you email or otherwise choose to provide us with that information.
We use software powered by Greater Giving for event registration and donations. To register for an event or make a donation you must provide your name, contact information (including email address and mailing address), and credit or debit card information. MAC Angels will receive your name and contact information only. Greater Giving will handle processing of your credit or debit card. We may also request your phone number, but this information is not required.
Information We Collect Automatically. We or our service providers may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or services through cookies, web beacons, or other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
• To facilitate your attendance at MAC Angels events and your donations.
• To provide our services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
• To send you news or newsletters or to otherwise contact you with information we think may interest you.
• To comply with applicable legal obligations.
Sharing Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity (such as a different non-profit), if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another entity, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or other legal event, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which MAC Angels is involved.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded. Do Not Track. Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
To help protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction we collect limited information from users through our Site and internally restrict who may access your information. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
As noted above, only Greater Giving will collect and have access to your credit or debit card information. A description of Greater Giving’s security practices are available at http://www.greatergiving.com/Portals/0/docs/Security-Privacy-FinancialTransactions.pdf.
We may send periodic informational or promotional emails to you. You may opt out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Our Services are not designed for children under thirteen (13). If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com or MAC Angels Foundation, 2005 Palmer Avenue Suite 291, Larchmont, NY 10538.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.
2005 Palmer Avenue Suite 291 Larchmont, NY 10538 914-637-7010